Bless my father. I have explained to him for hours on end about what I do for a living. Despite my best efforts, when I hear him telling friends and family members about my job, all he manages to say is “he does something with computers”. While that statement is true, I do work with a computer, that’s not the key takeaway I had in mind when explaining the responsibilities of my job.
This same sort of confusion happens with brands when they try to explain their products or services to their customers.
My dad, like most consumers, is relatively intelligent. Fully capable of understanding what I do, the issue here is more about the time and patience it would take for him to fully comprehend the entire concept of my job. If my own father can’t fully grasp what I do 40 hours a week, then how can you expect consumers to know the intimate details of your business offering in less than 5 minutes?
The answer. Explainer videos.
Explainer videos tell your audience how your business is exactly what they’ve been looking for in as little as a minute.
See how short and to the point that sentence was? Apply that same approach to your company’s explainer videos and you’re on the right track. We’ll discuss in more detail the elements that go into making a good explainer video later in this post.
If your answer to any of the following questions is “yes”, then your brand could benefit from an explainer video.
Your customers have a problem and you have a solution. Sometimes customers aren’t even aware they have a problem until you reveal your solution to them. So capturing their interest is a matter of engaging and educating your customer in a clear and concise manner. That is exactly why more and more brands are engaging and educating their audiences with explainer videos.
Customers are far more likely to convert after seeing a good explainer video. Many companies see their conversions improve by as much as 144 percent after implementing an explainer on their site.
Why? Because explainer videos command their attention. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch a video and only 10% of people retain a message when they read text. So for the other 90% of you reading this blog… I hope this message gets through to you!
The bottom line is: the more you increase leads from customers who are familiar and educated on what your business is all about, the easier it is to pull them through your sales funnel.
You’ve seen high-calibre explainer videos in the past. It can be quite easy to identify which videos are working and it’s not hard to reverse engineer the good ones. Here are the common elements every successful explainer video has.
Related Article – Have the views and leads from your videos gone dry? Read our post detailing the “Reasons Customer Are Not Engaging With Your Videos” and start earning great video results.
We addressed earlier that a great explainer video needs to speak to your audiences’ pain points. When watching your video, your audience is waiting for you to answer “what’s in it for me?” With personalized video, you have the ability to leverage the information you have gained about each individual prospect or existing customer and use it to tell a story.
For example. See how this animated explainer video for First Savings Bank below is able to easily communicate the prospect of converting their current RRSP into an RRIF in order to generate more retirement income. Using the customer information they have on file, they are able to implement the customer’s unique situation into the story they tell. Watch below:
To learn how you can create professional personalized videos like the one above, watch our explainer video on IndiVideo, the interactive personalized video platform. See how your brand can leverage personalization and interactivity with IndiVideo in order to amplify the explainer effect, and engage your customer base throughout every stage of their journey.